The Partnership for Adult Learning and Skills meets once per term. 21 partners are currently signed up as members. If you wish to become a member please contact Eileen Fawcett.
This information is provided to support members of the partnership as well as any other stakeholders who have an interest in improving adult learning and skill levels in Calderdale.
Membership is free and open to any organisation with an interest in securing, delivering or supporting adult learning in Calderdale.
Partners will : -
- Agree and commit to the common purposes of the partnership
- respect and value each others’ differences
- recognise partners’ achievements and status
- encourage learners representation in the partnership
- receive and share with each other, national, regional and local information relating to adult learning
- hold three planning and review meetings per year
- refresh membership annually
Calderdale Adult Learning will :-
- provide support and coordination for PALS,
- report to Skills Funding Agency, Calderdale Council and Ofsted on the work of the partnership.
1. Share information about adult learning including new initiatives, policy developments, training opportunities and matters of concern through a range of communication routes, including three PALS meetings per term
2. Recognise partners’ achievements and status
3. Work together to ensure good planning for and review of adult learning in Calderdale, while taking account of the views of learners, potential learners and communities. Activities will include:-
- Map adult learning provision and identify duplication and gaps
- Analyse and share information on local needs for adult learning
- Identify where the adult learning offer needs to be innovative, broadened or changed
- Identify under-represented/ deprived groups/ areas for prioritisation
4. Maximise public funds for adult learning
5. Enable effective deployment of commissioned provision for adult learning and widen the provider base
6. Promote and share good practice in adult learning
7. Provide a coherent programme of adult learning in Calderdale
1. Arrangements for Calderdale CALFUND 2012
- Application format
- Panel members
2. The new national Community Learning Innovation Fund
3. Community Learning Trust developments
4. Calderdale Course Guide centrefold
Head of Calderdale Adult Learning
T: 01422 392829